World War One
World war one
At the outbreak of the Great War in 1914, the Londonderry family placed the house at the disposal of the British Army to be used as a military hospital. The hospital was furnished with 112 beds and treated 3,534 patients over the course of the conflict. Seaham Hall was returned to the Londonderry family on 31 March 1919.