It’s the most wonderful time of the year. But with presents to buy, parties to plan, and the cold winter weather making many of us feel exhausted and a little under the weather, Christmas can often bring a lot of stress.
With this in mind, our in-house hypnotherapy guru, Sylvia, has put together 5 top tips for staying stress-free this season.
1. Christmas always calls for indulging in a tipple or two, but between the cocktails and glasses of fizz, it’s important to stay hydrated and keep yourself topped up with plenty of water. Also try and increase your vitamin intake, be that through more fruit and vegetables or supplements, as this will help keep you feeling well in both mind and body.
2. Between work, social gatherings, and the items on your to-do list, it’s easy to forget to invest in a little downtime. Take some time out to catch up with a friend over coffee. Small things like this can really make a difference this time of year, especially if you have plenty to catch up on.
3. Although staying tucked up indoors in front of the fire can seem like the most tempting option, fresh air can do wonders for your wellbeing. Throw on some layers and go out for a walk as often as possible. It’s a refreshing way to focus the mind and release those all-important endorphins.
4. Make a list of what is really important to you and your family at Christmas. It’s probably safe to say that matching placemats won’t be on there, so take things like this off your to-do list and focus on the items that actually matter.
5. Treat yourself to a hypnotherapy Sublime Calm session at the Serenity Spa. These stress-busting sessions are just the thing to combat tension in the mind and body, and with lots to do as you countdown to Christmas, they can help you stay focused and feeling ready to take on anything the festive season throws your way.