Careers at Seaham Hall
Careers At Seaham Hall
Join the team at Seaham Hall and be part of our exciting journey.
A number of opportunities exist for the right people and we encourage you to apply if you are a team player with good communication skills and feel that you deliver unparalleled attention to detail and outstanding customer service.
Further details about the positions currently available can be obtained by emailing
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and up to date CV to email@example.com
Lord Byrons Walk
Tel: 0191 516 1400
Fax: 0191 516 1410
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Do you know your Merlot from your Cabernet Sauvignon?
- Your Turbot from your Hake?
- If you want to be challenged daily and work with dynamic Head Chef Damian Broom, then keep reading…
Seaham Hall are currently recruiting for an experienced Food and Beverage Manager, who will lead, direct, develop and motivate a team that delivers a range of five-star services throughout this Historic Grade II listed building. With challenges that extend from dinner service to a glass of Champagne; from a small and intimate celebration party to a full-blown wedding breakfast and include exclusive uses in tepees set in our stunning 37-acre grounds. If this gives you an appetite to find out more, then we want to hear from you.
The post is full-time with an OTE of £35k. Please apply with a covering letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spa Therapist
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic individual to join our award-winning Serenity Spa Team at the five-star Seaham Hall Hotel.
You will be working in a highly committed team that provide and maintain the highest standard of personal appearance, hygiene and customer service, offering the highest quality treatments, providing in depth knowledge and advice in respect of spa procedures and products. Spa Therapists are to promote positive images of the Spa and Hotel, being pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests made by guests.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· To carry out all treatments to the highest required standards
· To provide and efficient and professional service at all times when dealing with guests ensuring to maximise guest satisfaction and company profitability
· Work within the time guidelines of each treatment and to ensure the highest standard of care is practised
· Provide consistent professional treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
· Oversee the completion of consultation cards, being aware of all specifications for treatments and facility use and ensure that this is explained to the guests as required
· Proactively sell products during the treatments and ensure that the client receives enthusiasm and knowledge as well as after care advice at all times, working to targets set
· Ensure that high standards of cleanliness and tidiness are adhered to in the spa
· Ensure you are fully familiar with all of the spa’s facilities, treatments and products
· Be a team player by liaising with all departments and communicate any special requirements of individual guests, promotions or spa activities within the team
· Behave in a discreet and confidential manner
· Attend any necessary training courses in house or external and assist with demonstrations/events as required
· Work a flexible shift rota to include weekends and bank holidays as per the rota and business requirements
· Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management
· Regular attend, participate in and support training, events and staff meetings for the spa
· Communicate to management any and all concerns involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention
· Must be qualified to carry out treatments to the equivalent of NVQ level 3
· Minimum of 1 year working experience
· Co-operative, accommodating and fair in dealing with clients, other members of the team and other company staff
· Excellent time management, flexibility and organisational skills
· Ability to undertake procedures and treatments to the client’s complete satisfaction
· A high standard of personal appearance and presentation is essential at all times, reflecting the luxury and ambience of the spa and hotel
Please apply by sending in your CV with a covering letter outlining why you think you are the best candidate for the role. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered. Closing date 28th October 2018.
- Reservations Coordinator
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic individual to join our Reservations Team at our award-winning five-star Seaham Hall Hotel & Serenity Spa.
You will be working in a small team dealing with our hotel, spa and restaurant reservations, and gift voucher sales.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Answering incoming calls into the hotel and spa
- Handling guest requests via email and over the phone
- Increase and optimise sales in line with the brand and hotel's sales policy
- Answering queries both via phone and email
- Dealing with individual and group reservations for both hotel and spa
- Follow up the administration of reservations thoroughly, ensuring smooth check-in operations for the front desk team in the hotel and spa
- Monitoring of all booking channels and maximising revenue
- Creating extra special moments for guests at every opportunity, including recognising and celebrating birthdays, anniversaries etc.
- See every enquiry as a sales opportunity
- Carry out banking at the end of each shift
- Gain in-depth knowledge of all of the hotel packages, spa packages and treatments available
Requirements of this position include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and competent computer skills. Attention to detail is a must
- Immaculate personal presentation and a confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Fluent and clear spoken with good written English and an excellent telephone manner
- You will thrive in a high pressure and dynamic hotel environment whilst ensuring consistency in service and attitude
- Previous hotel reservations/reception experience essential
- Comfortable with lone-working and shift-based rota work
- Beauty/treatment experience desirable
Please apply by sending in your CV with a covering letter outlining why you think you are the best candidate for the role. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Part-time hours may be considered if you are the right person for the role.
- Chef de partie
The Dining Room celebrates the personality of Seaham Hall, set in beautiful surroundings; it's the heart of the hotel. The menu focuses on British ingredients and celebrates local producers who dive, harvest, hunt, nurture and gather them. The menu is changed seasonally to reflect the fabulous ingredients of the time. Quality and taste are what is on show here.
We are looking to recruit a Chef de Partie to join our busy Kitchen Team.
- Willing to learn new skills?
- A great team player?
- Passionate about fresh food?
Get in touch to start your journey with us!
What's in it for you...
- A chance to have a career in an exciting industry where no two days are ever the same
- Training and development opportunities
- Competitive salary depending on experience
Applicants should have previous experience in a similar setting although attitude and willingness to learn and progress is just as important.
Please apply by sending in your CV with a covering letter outlining why you think you are suitable for the role. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, if you have not heard back from us within 10 days, you have not been successful on this occasion.