Careers at Seaham Hall
Careers At Seaham Hall
Join the team at Seaham Hall and be part of our exciting journey.
A number of opportunities exist for the right people and we encourage you to apply if you are a team player with good communication skills and feel that you deliver unparalleled attention to detail and outstanding customer service.
Further details about the positions currently available can be obtained by emailing
Please apply in writing, sending a covering letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lord Byrons Walk
Tel: 0191 516 1400
Fax: 0191 516 1410
- Spa Therapist
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic individual to join our award-winning Serenity Spa Team at the five-star Seaham Hall Hotel.
You will be working in a highly committed team that provide and maintain the highest standard of personal appearance, hygiene and customer service, offering the highest quality treatments, providing in depth knowledge and advice in respect of spa procedures and products. Spa Therapists are to promote positive images of the Spa and Hotel, being pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests made by guests.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To carry out all treatments to the highest required standards
- To provide and efficient and professional service at all times when dealing with guests ensuring to maximise guest satisfaction and company profitability
- Work within the time guidelines of each treatment and to ensure the highest standard of care is practised
- Provide consistent professional treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Oversee the completion of consultation cards, being aware of all specifications for treatments and facility use and ensure that this is explained to the guests as required
- Proactively sell products during the treatments and ensure that the client receives enthusiasm and knowledge as well as after care advice at all times, working to targets set
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness and tidiness are adhered to in the spa
- Ensure you are fully familiar with all of the spa’s facilities, treatments and products
- Be a team player by liaising with all departments and communicate any special requirements of individual guests, promotions or spa activities within the team
- Behave in a discreet and confidential manner
- Attend any necessary training courses in house or external and assist with demonstrations/events as required
- Work a flexible shift rota to include weekends and bank holidays as per the rota and business requirements
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management
- Regular attend, participate in and support training, events and staff meetings for the spa
- Communicate to management any and all concerns involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention
- Must be qualified to carry out treatments to the equivalent of NVQ level 3
- Minimum of 1 year working experience
- Co-operative, accommodating and fair in dealing with clients, other members of the team and other company staff
- Excellent time management, flexibility and organisational skills
- Ability to undertake procedures and treatments to the client’s complete satisfaction
- A high standard of personal appearance and presentation is essential at all times, reflecting the luxury and ambiance of the spa and hotel
Please apply by sending in your CV with a covering letter outlining why you think you are the best candidate for the role. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
- Housekeeping Assistant
Five star boutique hotel Seaham Hall and multi-award winning Serenity Spa are looking to recruit a Housekeeping Team Member to keep our spa changing rooms sparkling– this will entail
- Removing and counting dirty linen.
- Emptying bins.
- Replenishing stock.
- Moving linen cages.
- Keeping our changing rooms up to 5 star standard.
Anticipated shifts are up to 5 days from seven, including weekends and bank holidays.
If you have at least 1 year experience cleaning to a high standard in a business environment, you are hardworking and highly organised with an eye for details then we would love to hear from you.
Your duties may include all of the following aspects of housekeeping/cleaning within the spa, hotel public areas and function rooms to an extremely high standard.
You will be required to complete any required training, comply with Health & Safety Policy, Housekeeping Risk Assessments, operational and company procedures.
The working pattern can vary,start times are 2pm-10.30pm. The contract is zero hours but we aim to offer between 32 to 40 hours a week, depending on the needs of the business. Hours will include weekends and public holidays.
Meals are included whilst on duty and a uniform will be provided.
Please apply by sending in your CV with a covering letter outlining why you think you are the perfect person to join our team.
Applications without a covering letter will not progress through the recruitment process.