Frequently Asked Questions
The World is a different place but here at Seaham Hall the same warmth, hospitality and team spirit is well and truly alive. During the last few months, we have been working behind the scenes to ensure comfort and wellbeing to all.
Our teams are happy to answer any questions you have but you may find the below information helpful in advance of your arrival during your stay, or as part of your spa visit:
- What if the situation changes again or I need to cancel my stay or spa experience at short notice?
We recognise that it’s very hard for anyone to make firm commitments for anything at the moment, so for the time being our cancellation policy is 48 hours prior to your arrival with a commitment to be understanding in all scenarios connected to Covid19.
In the event you are unable to make your spa visit due to Covid19 symptoms or having to self-isolate we will re-arrange your visit to a later date.
Following the latest government legislation, we are unable to accept groups of more than 6 guests. We do ask that you keep to your support/household bubbles when visiting Seaham Hall and Serenity Spa.
If you have a reservation and are from more than one household and the area is in a localised lockdown, we advise that you contact us to re-schedule your visit.
- What new cleaning routines has the Hotel & Spa introduced since Covid19?
We’ve always had a rigorous cleaning and hygiene routine however our fabulous housekeeping teams are stepping it up a notch and you’ll see continuous cleaning around all touch points for example doorknobs, handles, the toilets and in the main areas of the hotel and spa. We’ve appointed cleaning champions and implemented a deep cleaning process partnering with certified products from Diversity and working with our spa partner ishga with a 70% alcohol sanitiser in the spa, which can also be purchased. We’ve all become more familiar with regular hand washing and our teams both front and back of house are all adhering to this before, during and after their shifts. To compliment this, we have multiple hand sanitiser stations available around the hotel and spa for both team and guests to use. As part of our cleaning regimes, all suites are thoroughly ventilated.
- How will you ensure social distancing around the Hotel & Spa?
The guest experience will look a little different but we hope we’ve made it simple and easy to follow:
- Following the government guidelines, we request face coverings to be worn in all public areas of the hotel and spa.
- Sanitising stations are available for use by guests and team members at all key touch points around the hotel and spa.
- We have staggered guest arrival times as well as introducing one-way flows where possible around the hotel and spa to ensure a more relaxed approach to social distancing.
- Why not pre-book a table for lunch or afternoon tea in the hotel to relax ahead of check in to your suite from 3pm.
- We have created visitor guidelines that will be issued ahead of your arrival with us which you can also view here.
- In suite – we won’t make a fuss; just let you settle in – we’re always at the end of the phone if you need anything and there will be a virtual room tour available on our in-room tablet. We have created a number of socially spaced indoor and outdoor lounge facilities to ensure you make the most of our 37 acres and coastal location and can relax in style.
- To ensure the health and safety of our guests and team members we are not offering turndown service at this moment in time. If you do need your towels refreshing, additional water, coffee or clean cups please call our reception team and we will be happy to arrange these for you.
- Seating areas around the pool have been spaced accordingly to ensure upmost comfort. Our fitness suite is open for residents, day guests and members, pre-booking is required via My Wellness App. We kindly request all guests respect the social distancing guidelines at all times and sanitise equipment after each use using the products provided.
- The Dining Room is open for light lunches, afternoon tea and dinner. However, we will ask you to pour your own wine and water too but be on hand if you need anything!
- The Ozone restaurant is open for lunch and dinner service.
- Please note that table reservations do need to be made in advance and contact details including name, email and phone number will be required at booking to comply with the government legislation on test and trace.
- Our breakfast service times have been extended to allow for comfortable spacing, however we are asking that you book your table in advance for breakfast or perhaps you prefer breakfast in bed?
- We’ve tried to think of everything to keep everyone safe and comfortable so during your visit with us.
- Following the latest government legislation, we are unable to accept groups of more than 6 guests. We do ask that you keep to your social bubbles when visiting Seaham Hall and Serenity Spa.
- How do I know the team looking after me are not ill?
We are nothing without our wonderful team and their well-being is our top priority therefore we have implemented the necessary health checks prior to looking after guests each day – from back of house to front of house teams. All team members are required to complete a daily online health check prior to the start of their shift. This includes regular wellbeing chats to make sure everyone is happy and healthy to come to work, team members with symptoms will be advised to remain at home and not arrive on the premises.
Is the Spa Re-open and can I use the Spa as normal?
The Serenity Spa is open and we are taking bookings for spa days, twilights and treatments. Guests have access to the indoor and outdoor pool areas and fitness suite. The Government guidelines state our heat facilities must remain closed for now, this includes the hammam, herbal sauna, steam room and sanarium. To check availability for spa days please see here
Are Spa treatments available and how can I make a reservation?
To comply with the guidance for Covid19 we are offering a reduced treatment menu avoiding areas of ‘high risk.’ Our up to date treatment listing can be viewed and booked here.
To avoid disappointment, we strongly recommend making reservations for treatments at the same time as making your room reservation or spa visit. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee availability on arrival.
7. Do I need to wear a face covering?
Following the latest government guidelines, we request face coverings to be worn in public areas of the hotel and spa. This includes the lounge areas and relaxation areas including poolside. Following the guidance from the UK Spa Association face coverings will be required prior to the start of your treatment, they can then be removed if the face covering is detrimental to treatment experience. Face coverings are not required in our restaurants, gym facility or whilst enjoying the wet facilities in the Spa.
Gift Vouchers which are due to expire from 20th March 2020 through to 31st August 2020, will have their expiry date extended.
Those vouchers that include a treatment element including spa days, mellow midweeker and our relax and restore overnight stay will be extended to 31st March 2021. All other vouchers including food and beverage, overnight stays, twilight and lazy Sunday will have their expiry date extended to 20th December 2020.
We do indeed hope that this is sufficient, however we appreciate the ever-changing picture and therefore should this need to be reviewed, we will use of discretion. Please email the gift voucher code or reference to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will reply.
9. Make a Booking Using a Gift Voucher
If you would like to make a reservation and pay with a gift voucher please follow this link and one of the team will be in touch to confirm your visit.