Frequently Asked Questions
As we ease out of lockdown the world is now a different place but here at Seaham Hall the same warmth, hospitality and team spirit is well and truly alive. The health and wellbeing of our guests is of upmost importance and our team are working together to ensure comfort and wellbeing to all.
Our team are happy to answer any questions you have but you may find the below information helpful in advance of your arrival during your stay, or as part of a spa day:
What if the situation changes again or I need to cancel my stay or spa experience at short notice?
- We recognise that it’s very hard for anyone to make firm commitments for anything at the moment, so for the time being our amendment policy is 48 hours prior to your arrival with a commitment to be understanding in all scenarios connected to Covid19.
- In the event you are unable to make your spa visit due to Covid19 symptoms or having to self-isolate we will re-arrange your visit to a later date, we do ask that you give us as much notice as possible.
- If you are booked for an overnight stay on a special offer and have to delay your arrival due to Covid symptoms or being asked to self-isolate, we will do our best to amend your arrival date within the promotional period.
- In line with government legislation we are asking all of our guests to check in using the NHS app by scanning the QR code which is displayed in reception areas upon arrival.
- Following the latest government guidance, we are unable to accept groups of more than 6 guests or groups from two households. We do ask that you keep to your social bubbles when visiting Seaham Hall and Serenity Spa.
How will you ensure social distancing around the Hotel & Spa?
- The guest experience will look a little different but we hope we’ve made it simple and easy to follow:
- We have staggered guest arrival times as well as introducing one-way flows where possible around the hotel and spa to ensure a more relaxed approach to social distancing.
- Check in your suite – we won’t make a fuss, unless you ask; our team will just let you settle in – we’re always at the end of the phone if you need anything.
- We have created a number of socially spaced indoor and outdoor lounge facilities to ensure you make the most of our 37 acres and can relax in style. The newest addition is our champagne and seafood popup van, Milbanke & Co, located on the terrace, serving locally sourced seafood between a Wednesday and Sunday.
- Seating areas around the pool have been spaced accordingly to ensure utmost comfort and we will encourage minimal use of changing rooms.
- Our fitness suite has re-opened, pre-booking is required via mywellness and we kindly request all guests respect the social distancing guidelines at all times. Access My Wellness
- The Dining Room is open and offering table service from lunch to late evening serving drinks, afternoon tea and dinner every day.
- The Ozone restaurant is open for coffees from 8am and offering lunch through to dinner from 12noon to 9pm.
- Please note that table reservations do need to be made in advance and contact details including name, email and phone number will be required at booking to comply with the government legislation on test and trace.
- Our breakfast service times have been extended to allow for comfortable spacing, however we are asking that you book your table on arrival with our reception team for breakfast in The Dining Room or perhaps you prefer breakfast in bed? (Please note a tray charge is applicable for room service)
We’ve tried to think of everything to keep everyone safe and comfortable during your visit with us.
We politely encourage hotel residents to use their bedroom loos rather than the public ones wherever possible.
Do I need to wear a face covering?
- Following the latest government guidelines, we request face coverings to be worn in public areas of the hotel and spa. This includes the lounge areas and relaxation areas including poolside.
- Following the guidance from the UK Spa Association face coverings will be required prior to the start of your treatment, they can then be removed if the face covering is detrimental to treatment experience.
- Face coverings are not required whilst seated in our restaurants, gym facility or whilst enjoying the wet facilities in the Spa.
How do I know the team looking after me are not ill?
- We are nothing without our wonderful team and their well-being is our top priority therefore we have implemented the necessary health checks prior to looking after guests each day – from back of house to front of house teams. This includes regular wellbeing chats to make sure everyone is happy and healthy to come to work, team members with symptoms will be advised to remain at home and not arrive on the premises.
Is the Spa Re-open and can I use the Spa as normal?
- We are delighted that The Serenity Spa is now fully open including the heat experiences. This will include indoor and outdoor pool areas and fitness suite. Our available spa experiences can be viewed here
Are Spa treatments available and how can I make a reservation?
- Our therapists are available for treatments, we do advise booking as soon as possible as we are very busy over the next 6 to 8 weeks. Our up-to-date treatment listing can be viewed and booked here - View Treatments
I have a gift voucher that has expired – can I still use it ?
- Gift Vouchers which are due to expire from 20th March 2020 through to 30th June 2021, will have their expiry date automatically extended to 2nd November 2021.
- Please note that your visit must be taken by 2nd November 2021. We do indeed hope that this is sufficient, however we appreciate the ever-changing picture and therefore should this need to be reviewed, we will use of discretion.
I wish to make a booking with a gift voucher
- Please call our Reservations Team on 0191 516 1400 to check availability, we will require your voucher code when checking availability. Please note that vouchers cannot be used to make online bookings.
As we welcome our team members back to the business in our offices, we are operating on limited numbers to ensure everyone is socially distanced, due to this our Reservations team are available between 9am and 6pm with a voicemail service available. Outside of these hours please do email email@example.com with contact details and any further information and our team will call you back between 9am and 6pm.
The quickest and easiest way is to book online using the links below. Our team see the same availability and prices as our website. If you wish to personalise your stay, please add these comments and one of the team will be in touch.
If you booked an overnight stay via our website and are looking to amend or cancel your stay please follow this link Amend or Cancel A Hotel Stay