A new year (and a new decade!) has begun. And while many of us start the new year with all the best intentions, it’s all too easy for those New Year’s resolutions to quickly fall by the wayside.
Luckily, our in-house hypnotherapy guru, Sylvia, has put together her five top tips for getting back on track and kickstarting 2020 in the best way.
1. With an endless supply of mince pies, selection boxes, and festive tipples at every turn, it’s safe to say that all of us feel like we’ve overindulged this Christmas. But it’s important to not be too hard on yourself. Once you get back into your normal routine, you’ll find it must easier to start living healthier. Plus, a new year is all about looking forward, not backward.
2. If you have specific health and fitness goals in mind, then think about why you want to achieve them. It may be that you want to drop a dress size, or perhaps you want to push yourself to become stronger or run a specific distance. Whatever your reason is for kickstarting a new fitness regime, write it down and display it somewhere you can see it every day.
3. Remain realistic. It’s important to ensure your exercise plan is tailored to you. If you aren’t achieving your goals or aren’t seeing the progress you expected, you’ll begin feeling disheartened and maybe even give up entirely, and there’s no room for negativity at this time of year.
4. If your New Year’s resolution is to eat healthier, then one tried-and-tested way to stay on track is meal planning. When you head to the supermarket at lunch, or rush in from work feeling hungry and tried, it’s easy to put little thought into what you’re eating and reach for the unhealthy option. But planning everything in advance can not only help you stay on track, it’s also great for saving the pennies.
5. Keep calm and carry on. Managing your stress levels is so important. If you’re feeling stressed then all your best plans will fly out the window. Plus, you’ll only end up feeling more anxious. Remembering to eat and sleep well, investing in plenty of downtime, and staying focused on your fitness goals is a great way to start. But if you’re in need of a helping hand, why not treat yourself to a stress-busting hypnotherapy Sublime Calm session at the Serenity Spa?