The clue’s in the name – a deliciously decadent chocolate cake that we find is best enjoyed with a hot pot of tea at around 4pm on a Saturday. Plus, it’s gluten and dairy-free too.
Makes 6 cakes
For the cakes:
- 40g coconut flour
- 30g organic cocoa powder
- 62g unrefined caster sugar
- 3g baking soda
- 3g bicarbonate of soda
- 93g grated courgette
- 3 free-range eggs
- 45g coconut oil
- 45g coconut milk
- 2g sea salt
For the frosting:
- 60g 85% dark chocolate (the best quality you can find)
- 40g crunchy peanut butter (again, the best quality – so made with just peanuts and nothing else)
- 10g pure maple syrup
- Chopped pistachios
- Chopped pecans
- 1 orange
- Mix the dry cake ingredients together, including the grated courgette.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, oil, and milk.
- Mix everything together until just combined, taking care not to overwork the mixture.
- Pour into muffin cases and bake at 175c for around 12 minutes, until just set.
- Leave to cool.
- Put all the ingredients for the frosting into a bowl and warm over simmering water and combine until glossy.
- Smooth over the cakes in whatever fashion you fancy.
- Scatter over the nuts and zest the orange over the top to finish.