Looking to spice up your Friday night with a little home-cooking? Good news – your fake-away prayers have been answered in the form of Damian’s spiced whole roasted cauliflower with yoghurt dressing.
Serves 2 as a main or 4 as an accompaniment.
You will need:
1 whole cauliflower trimmed of outside green leaves (keep the white leaves and stalk attached)
For the wet spice paste:
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 30g peeled ginger
- 1 whole red chilli
For the dry spice paste:
- 5g ground cumin
- 3g turmeric
- 1g ground cinnamon
- 5g smoked paprika
- 5g sea salt
- 3g freshly ground white pepper
- 50g yoghurt
- 30g natural yoghurt
- Coriander leaves
- 1 lime
- 3g black sesame seeds
- Blend the ingredients for the wet spice paste together.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add to the wet paste.
- Smear all over the cauliflower and in between the florets – this can be done up to 48 hours before.
- Place the marinated cauliflower onto a tray and bake at 200c for 45 minutes.
- Dress the cooked cauliflower with the yoghurt, zest the lime over the top, then cut in half and squeeze the juice over. Scatter over the coriander and sesame seeds and serve.