We’re always looking for new ways to enhance your spa experience here at Seaham Hall, and our latest additions are all about promoting relaxation in its purest form. We’ve introduced waterbeds to our Zen Lounge for those who want to enjoy a post-treatment power nap or simply spend a few moments sinking into a state of deep relaxation.
Waterbeds contour to the exact shape of the body, warm the skin, and simulate a feeling of weightlessness. In turn, they can help to:
- Improve blood circulation
- Relax muscles and relieve tension
- Promote correct posture
- Soothe chronic pain and help those with musculoskeletal conditions
- Relieve anxiety and stress
- Support overall immune system health
As you can probably tell, we’re very excited about these new arrivals. In the spirit of all things sleep-related, our hypnotherapy guru Silvia has offered her top tips for sleeping well.
Sleep is required to restore and rejuvenate our bodies, to grow muscle and synthesise our hormones. Not getting enough sleep or disturbed sleep means that these processes do not happen, and this can result in everything from dark circles and a lack of focus to high blood pressure and risk of stroke.
There are several ways to help calm the mind, leave the stresses of the day behind, and prepare yourself for a great night’s sleep.
- Ensure that your bedroom environment is set up for relaxation and sleep. The bed is comfortable, the sheets are clean, the lighting is low, and there are no distractions like the TV in there.
- Sleep provides our minds with the chance to sift through all the information we have gathered throughout the day and log it, or sort it out in some way. For this reason, it’s important to prepare your mind and body for sleep before you get into bed. Stop using your phone or any other digital devices at least an hour before bed, have a relaxing bath, and listen to some music or read a book.
- Avoid drinking alcohol before bed. This is something you might think about trying if you are having trouble sleeping as it may initially relax you, but the alcohol in your system will ultimately mean an unsettled sleep.
- If you have a lot on your mind, write it down before you go to bed. Getting our worries out on paper helps us to leave them alone until we have the time and energy to deal with them. Remember, if you get a good night’s sleep, your focus will improve!
Keep an eye on our social media for all the latest updates around our new waterbeds. And if you’re having trouble sleeping and feel like you’d benefit from some hypnotherapy sessions with Silvia, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.