Looking for something warming to tuck into on a cold winter’s night? Damian’s slow-cooked vegan chilli recipe is brimming with tasty ingredients, making it an instant crowd-pleaser.
Vegan chilli with 70% dark chocolate
- 120g chickpeas
- 100g sweetcorn
- 120g cannellini beans
- 300g vegan mince alternative
- 250g onions (diced into 1cm cubes)
- 250g red pepper (diced into 2cm cubes
- 20g garlic (finely sliced)
- 250g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 35g unrefined soft brown sugar
- 20g ground cumin
- 5g dried oregano
- 5g ancho chilli
- 5g chipotle chilli
- 20g smoked paprika
- 2 chillies (finely chopped)
- 20ml red wine vinegar
- 1lt vegetable stock
- 20g 70% dark chocolate
- 50g vegan crème fraîche
- 10g coriander
- Caramelise the onions in 15ml of olive oil until dark and sticky
- Add the garlic and peppers and cook for around 5 minutes before adding the spices, oregano and chopped chillies.
- After cooking for around 5 minutes, add the vegan mince, beans and sweetcorn and mix well.
- Add the sugar, vinegar and stock, and bring to the boil before adding the chopped cherry tomatoes.
- Season lightly and bake in the oven at 175C for 90 minutes.
- Once you take your dish out of the oven, leave to sit for 10 minutes then stir in the chocolate.
- Spoon over the vegan crème fraîche and finish with a scattering of coriander.
Serve with warm corn tortillas, avocado slices and very cold Corona with a wedge of lime.